One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A major religious and cultural tradition of South Asia, which developed from Vedic religion.
Hinduism is practiced primarily in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. It is a diverse family of devotional and ascetic cults and philosophical schools, all sharing a belief in reincarnation and involving the worship of one or more of a large pantheon of gods and goddesses, including Shiva and Vishnu (incarnate as Rama and Krishna), Kali, Durga, Parvati, and Ganesh. Hindu society was traditionally based on a caste system
- ‘However it was probably developments in Hinduism itself that helped the faith to grow.’
- ‘In fact, respect and tolerance of other religions is one of the premises of Hinduism.’
- ‘They are even more closely related to mainstream Hinduism than are tribals.’
- ‘We accept converts with open arms who learn about Hinduism of their own free will.’
- ‘Moreover, it presents the drama of the birth and beginning of Hinduism with elegance and beauty.’
- ‘Here, both in tribal religion and mainstream Hinduism, the tiger occupies prime place.’
- ‘Upanishads which form part of the Vedas are the real foundations of Hinduism.’
- ‘Should we not wonder why masses of people are changing their religions and abandoning Hinduism?’
- ‘The Hindu temple is not simply a place we go to socialize or listen to lectures on Hinduism.’
- ‘By giving such advice, Giriraj wants to prove that Hinduism is the best religion on earth for mankind.’
- ‘They were excommunicated by the successor of Guru Nanak and gradually turned to Hinduism.’
- ‘It can therefore safely be said that this teaching of Manu was against Hinduism.’
- ‘Out of these religions Christianity, Islam and Hinduism are the three major religions of this world today.’
- ‘Thapar even doubts whether Hinduism as a religion really existed until recent times.’
- ‘All insisted that she should mention her religion as Hinduism and write her name as Tehmina Mitra!’
- ‘For example a common myth is that caste system and untouchability is fundamental to Hinduism.’
- ‘The day Hinduism becomes a minority religion in India, it will be no different from Pakistan.’
- ‘There are so many aspects of Hinduism that link it to the land and to the natural world in India.’
- ‘In general they said it was the elders and the pundits who kept Hinduism alive in the early days.’
- ‘The bad name attributed to Hinduism on account of the caste discrimination will vanish in one stroke.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.