One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Furthest back.‘the hindmost part of the frog's food canal’
furthest back, last, rear, rearmost, end, endmost, final, tail, aftermost, nearest the rear, at the end, furthest behindView synonyms
- ‘The final event was the elimination race commonly known as ‘devil takes the hindmost.’’
- ‘So far flung from the guard of authority, it is in the hindmost district of the universe.’
- ‘But then, in the end, wasn't all life just another kind of probationary death sentence, with the devil taking the hindmost?’
- ‘What was once the hindmost part of each cylinder thus becomes the forward-facing tip.’
- ‘Perhaps the kitchen here is so focused on elaborate concepts and presentation that important basics are hindmost.’
- ‘With a large mouth the hindmost part of the mouth is slightly to the rear of the eye.’
- ‘Predictably, they went for the latter with what is now the ten metres back restriction at the lineout and the hindmost foot offside law.’
- ‘While Krebs walked forward to take the offered copilot's seat, the Leader chose the three hindmost seats and motioned Bormann to follow him.’
- ‘In one scene, we can see the absent characters from the knees down behind the hindmost wall, while others, unfortunately fully visible, perform in front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.