One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lower part of the brainstem, comprising the cerebellum, pons, and medulla oblongata.Also called rhombencephalon
- ‘Over time the neural tube expands at one end to form an embryonic brain with constrictions marking the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.’
- ‘I found a spinal cord, a hindbrain, a midbrain, a forebrain, all organized in similar ways to my own nervous system.’
- ‘The thought of that virus wandering about in my hindbrain did not please me.’
- ‘The cranial neural crest that migrates out from the rhombomeres of the dorsal region of the hindbrain also has a segmental arrangement.’
- ‘The ability to maintain gaze can be profoundly disturbed by damage to the brain stem or hindbrain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.