The lower part of the brainstem, comprising the cerebellum, pons, and medulla oblongata.Also called rhombencephalon
- ‘Over time the neural tube expands at one end to form an embryonic brain with constrictions marking the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.’
- ‘The thought of that virus wandering about in my hindbrain did not please me.’
- ‘I found a spinal cord, a hindbrain, a midbrain, a forebrain, all organized in similar ways to my own nervous system.’
- ‘The cranial neural crest that migrates out from the rhombomeres of the dorsal region of the hindbrain also has a segmental arrangement.’
- ‘The ability to maintain gaze can be profoundly disturbed by damage to the brain stem or hindbrain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.