One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural himboshumorous, informal
An attractive but unintelligent man.‘how did she trick audiences conditioned to drool over himbos into falling for a middle-aged guy with a slight case of rheumatism?’
- ‘She's not going to get over him by locking lips and bumping hips with some pretty little himbo!’
- ‘But this blond himbo's eagerness to hog credit for the Mystery Gang's success prompts an acrimonious breakup.’
- ‘He does seem like just a pretty face without much going on upstairs (a '30s version of the himbo).’
- ‘This was a lot of theory to put on a hitherto monosyllabic himbo's shoulders.’
- ‘The blond himbo can actually make a decision?’
- ‘I've got nothing against old people, but you'd never have a woman in her 60s presenting with a himbo.’
- ‘It's truly sad when an animated bit of celluloid from 1969 has more personality, charisma, and raw sex appeal than our bleached bland himbo Fred.’
1980s: blend of him and bimbo.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.