One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1997 14 hillwalkers dragged their weary limbs up 32 Munros in the space of just 24 hours and in the process they raised 16,000 for charity.’
- ‘Throughout Sunday night the hillwalkers, all in their early 20s, remained in a tent on the hills above Derrymore.’
- ‘The Glasgow site sells a vast array of gear for hillwalkers, climbers, campers, canoeists, skiers, snowboarders and adventure travellers.’
- ‘Many protesters will be ‘disguising’ themselves as innocent hillwalkers wanting to tackle the Ochils this weekend.’
- ‘A sense of camaraderie developed among the group of 21 hillwalkers, who spent seven days in Nepal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.