One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A town in the low mountains of the Indian subcontinent, popular as a holiday resort during the hot season.
- ‘It guides tourists to the hill station not only in summer but also during the off-season.’
- ‘The famed hill station of south India has long lost its charm’
- ‘The trail finally leads to Kemmangudi, a popular hill station, which is surrounded by breathtaking cascades.’
- ‘The shortest is the Matheran hill railway system built in 1907 connecting the little hill station to Mumbai, covering just 21 km.’
- ‘Nearly a decade did Mohan spend observing the animal, its behavioural patterns and ecology even in the icy climate of the hill station.’
- ‘Manali, situated at an altitude of 6000 feet, is a renowned hill station in India.’
- ‘Darjeeling is a famous hill station and resort area, and the train is a popular attraction.’
- ‘Other days, he earns a living by selling bangles in villages around the hill station.’
- ‘For instance, he transports the viewer to the Kozhikode beachfront, parts of Kannur and even the hill station Munnar.’
- ‘Even Coonoor, a hill station in Tamil Nadu, is just a four-hour drive away.’
- ‘Many flocked to the Indian hill station of Darjeeling.’
- ‘But, while in Delhi I thought to myself, how affected could the hill station be?’
- ‘Veena wants to go for a holiday to a hill station.’
- ‘A waiter at Ambassador Hotel, who hails from the hill station, demonstrated the dialect by pronouncing a few words in his mother tongue.’
- ‘Tourists and residents of Ooty thronged the three-day food festival held in the hill station recently.’
- ‘Darjeeling is blessed with captivating views of the Eastern Himalayas and has the best hill station in India.’
- ‘‘Since we wanted a romantic feel of a hill station, we put up pillars of the old times with plants for a cleaner and greener look,’ Sabu reveals.’
- ‘Two days earlier we had set off from the serenity of the Mirik Lake resort, a small hill station near Darjeeling, for the trip to Sandakphu.’
- ‘Apart from the regular VIPs and the public, tourists who came to the hill station also flocked the carnival.’
- ‘In the old days when summer came people in Bangalore retreated to the cooler climes of a hill station, or to Whitefield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.