One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Explorers were followed by Christian missionaries intent on imposing Western political and economic practices and religious beliefs on the highlanders.’
- ‘Anthropologist Paul Sillitoe learnt about stone tool use from Papua New Guinea highlanders in 1983.’
- ‘The quantity of alcohol consumed by southern highlanders was, by all accounts, stunning.’
- ‘A smaller number of Peru's indigenous highlanders, probably about half a million, speak Aymará, the language of a tribe conquered by the Incas.’
- ‘Conversely, the highlanders had never before seen people who lived beyond their mountain valleys and plains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.