One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Animals of a shaggy-haired breed of cattle with long, curved, widely spaced horns.
- ‘Animals with heavy coats, such as Highland cattle and Galloways, were the most prone to problems.’
- ‘But it is on the vast areas of poor mountain land with high annual rainfall and bitter winds that Highland cattle thrive where no other cattle could exist.’
- ‘A large part of the grass is left to grow as a meadow, then cut in late July to provide hay for the Highland cattle.’
- ‘The sheep and Highland cattle were purchased in 1989 to manage the grassland areas and help with the conservation programme for the park, which opened to the public in May 1983.’
- ‘Glasgow City Council's stock of 113 Highland cattle means public access to the park has been restricted, and treks round the estate have been halted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.