One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plants of relatively complex or advanced characteristics, especially vascular plants (including flowering plants).
- ‘Most higher plants possess the ability to reconstitute their vascular tissues after relatively severe wounding.’
- ‘Lignin is a characteristic chemical and morphological component of the tissue in higher plants.’
- ‘The cuticle is the major barrier against uncontrolled water loss from leaves, fruits and other primary parts of higher plants.’
- ‘Nitrogen is one of the major growth-limiting nutrients for plants, and its source in most higher plants is nitrate taken up through roots.’
- ‘In contrast to higher plants, lichens and mosses are capable of tolerating full dehydration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.