One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular Advanced mathematics, such as number theory and topology.
- ‘Napier did not acquire his knowledge of higher mathematics at St Andrews nor did he acquire his deep knowledge of classical literature there.’
- ‘During the period 1892-1908 the University of Chicago was unsurpassed in America as an institution for the study of higher mathematics.’
- ‘In November 1877, Cremona was appointed to the chair of higher mathematics at the University of Rome.’
- ‘Without zero of course algebra, let alone modern higher mathematics was impossible.’
- ‘In higher mathematics, some of the deepest surprises come about from unexpected connections between apparently quite different parts of the subject.’
higher mathematics/ˈhī(ə)r maTH(ə)ˈmadiks/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.