Education and learning at the college or university level.
- ‘Because of her achievements in education, nearly every institute of higher learning in the state has a building named in her honor.’
- ‘Colleges and universities see certificate programs as a way to encourage higher learning for nurses.’
- ‘He graduated from two of the finest institutions of higher learning in this country: Yale and Harvard.’
- ‘In addition, our colleges and universities are increasingly devoted not to higher learning but to remedial education.’
- ‘There are at least twenty-five institutes of higher learning, including six universities.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.