Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Education and learning at the college or university level.
- ‘Because of her achievements in education, nearly every institute of higher learning in the state has a building named in her honor.’
- ‘Colleges and universities see certificate programs as a way to encourage higher learning for nurses.’
- ‘In addition, our colleges and universities are increasingly devoted not to higher learning but to remedial education.’
- ‘There are at least twenty-five institutes of higher learning, including six universities.’
- ‘He graduated from two of the finest institutions of higher learning in this country: Yale and Harvard.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.