One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Animals of relatively advanced or developed characteristics, such as mammals and other vertebrates.
- ‘Development of microbial populations in the alimentary tract of higher animals commences soon after birth.’
- ‘Securing and maintaining control over some territory for hunting food is the top existential priority of higher animals.’
- ‘The emerging fact that higher animals share much of their DNA with humans was certainly influential.’
- ‘Nevertheless, all higher animals require vitamin C, and its function within organisms is always the same.’
- ‘In contrast to higher animals, plants are built from a successive arrangement of modules that enables them to grow during their entire lifetime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.