One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school that typically comprises grades 9 through 12, attended after primary school or middle school.
theological college, rabbinical college, talmudical college, academy, training college, training institute, school, conservatoryView synonyms
- ‘Aaron and Samantha were only a few days apart and were in the same grade in high school.’
- ‘The gap is especially pronounced for kids who attend large high schools in urban areas with lots of students from low-income families.’
- ‘They both lived in Bakersfield, California, but they attended different high schools.’
- ‘His assistant - a high-school student named Gary - wouldn't be coming in until later in the afternoon.’
- ‘Now, many high-school teachers have master's degrees, but most elementary teachers do not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.