One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Women's shoes with tall, thin heels.
- ‘I wear flat shoes for walking to work but otherwise it's high heels from Dior, Jimmy Choo or Prada.’
- ‘When I was living in Madrid, you only ever left the house looking immaculate - pressed suit, high heels, jewellery.’
- ‘She was wearing a charcoal business suit, black high heels, and glasses with thin silver frames.’
- ‘She was wearing her high heels and didn't want to make a fool of herself by missing a step and falling flat on her face in front of Jesse and everyone else.’
- ‘Large numbers of Manhattan women are also reportedly trading high heels for trainers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.