One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for haute couture
- ‘London is in the midst of its ‘Fashion Week,’ and designer Katharine Hamnett has once again brought politics to the world of high fashion.’
- ‘It concerns itself not with the high culture of Rome or the high fashion of Milan, but rather with the everyday life of the provincial Italian.’
- ‘Today, it is the centre of eclectic high fashion and functional art, as well as an oasis of designer pubs, cafes and restaurants.’
- ‘H & M sells over 500 million items annually, attracting consumers with high fashion and low prices.’
- ‘French names like Chanel, Dior and Givenchy have long been synonymous with high fashion, just as American companies have been known for their management prowess.’
high fashion/hī ˈfaSHən/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.