Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for haute couture
- ‘H & M sells over 500 million items annually, attracting consumers with high fashion and low prices.’
- ‘London is in the midst of its ‘Fashion Week,’ and designer Katharine Hamnett has once again brought politics to the world of high fashion.’
- ‘It concerns itself not with the high culture of Rome or the high fashion of Milan, but rather with the everyday life of the provincial Italian.’
- ‘Today, it is the centre of eclectic high fashion and functional art, as well as an oasis of designer pubs, cafes and restaurants.’
- ‘French names like Chanel, Dior and Givenchy have long been synonymous with high fashion, just as American companies have been known for their management prowess.’
high fashion/hī ˈfaSHən/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.