One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An embassy of one British Commonwealth country in another.‘the Australian High Commission in Port Vila’
- ‘Before travelling anywhere, check the latest visa requirements well in advance, with your travel agent, tour operator or the embassy or high commission of the countries you intend to visit.’
- ‘Diplomats at the British high commission have been put on full alert and told to prepare for an evacuation at any time.’
- ‘Britain closed its embassy in Indonesia and high commission in Singapore.’
- ‘Security was also tightened around the British and Australian high commissions.’
- ‘The police force regularly updates the high commission in Delhi with progress and the investigation is constantly reviewed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.