One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The commander in chief and associated senior staff of an army, navy, or air force.
- ‘Thompson also believes that rivalry between the British and American high commands in the Pacific was a factor.’
- ‘His public implication of treason on the part of the Navy and Army high commands led to his court-martial and conviction that fall.’
- ‘The battle was won, but there would be no great credit given to the organizers, to the high command or to the political leadership.’
- ‘The Army high command promptly forbade any future joint exercises.’
- ‘The fact that the military high command has issued what amounts to an open challenge to the court is not surprising.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.