A small chair with long legs for a baby or small child, fitted with a tray that is used as a table at mealtimes.
- ‘Last year, consumers spent $8.6 billion on baby furniture, including cribs, mattresses, high chairs, strollers and baby gates.’
- ‘Nappies are provided free by the nursery and there is a special eating room complete with high chairs where the babies are fed with food brought in by their mothers in the morning.’
- ‘The baby was propped up in a high chair, his breakfast still on the table in front of him.’
- ‘Never leave your child alone on a high place, such as a changing table, high chair, or sofa.’
- ‘Most children can sit for short periods in a high chair at the table and revel in the food.’