One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small chair with long legs for a baby or small child, fitted with a tray that is used as a table at mealtimes.
- ‘Last year, consumers spent $8.6 billion on baby furniture, including cribs, mattresses, high chairs, strollers and baby gates.’
- ‘Never leave your child alone on a high place, such as a changing table, high chair, or sofa.’
- ‘The baby was propped up in a high chair, his breakfast still on the table in front of him.’
- ‘Most children can sit for short periods in a high chair at the table and revel in the food.’
- ‘Nappies are provided free by the nursery and there is a special eating room complete with high chairs where the babies are fed with food brought in by their mothers in the morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.