One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving or exposed to a high level of danger.‘high-risk activities, such as skydiving and downhill skiing’
- ‘Although not considered high-risk surgery, potential dangers include infection and ulcers.’
- ‘In financial circles his reputation for tough decision-taking and high-risk takeovers is legendary.’
- ‘Even though many investors welcome this new freedom, day trading is very high-risk.’
- ‘Moving patients between wards is bad practice, particularly with high-risk patients.’
- ‘It would be a fairly high-risk strategy to buy individual equities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.