One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a filter) transmitting all frequencies above a certain value.
- ‘The excitation and x-ray pulses pass through a high-pass filter (zirconium foil), which blocks both laser light and low-energy x-ray photons.’
- ‘The new GPS based system does not require complicated processing to extract wave data, but simply applies a high-pass filter to point-positioning data.’
- ‘After the second step, we apply the high-pass filter to the pre-processed GPS data.’
- ‘If there seems to be excessive low-end or high-end noise, adding a low-pass or high-pass filter may be necessary.’
- ‘All recordings were filtered with a low-pass 5 - Hz filter and a high-pass 20 - Hz filter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.