One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such high-handedness caused an uproar in the community and the atmosphere became even more explosive.’
- ‘But I find it much more heartening to note that more and more people are realising that they don't have to put up with such high-handedness and that their ultimate sanction is to go elsewhere.’
- ‘Having conceded the dissatisfaction among backbenchers with ministerial high-handedness, he presented proposals which would get MSPs involved in making policy and give them access to civil service advice.’
- ‘His high-handedness also promises to make his policies ineffective.’
- ‘During the eighties, it was this kind of Democratic high-handedness that built up such an enormous reservoir of ill will among Republican House members.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.