One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to land above the piedmont and below the timberline.‘the high-country snowpack often exceeds 10 feet’
- ‘Large new areas of forest, high-country, and coastal land have been protected as public conservation land.’
- ‘While no place near a mountain road is truly undiscovered, three of our favorite high-country destinations will get you into the heart of Muir's magnificent mountains.’
- ‘The Yosemite Association has offered a wide range of seminars since 1971-everything from high-country backpacking trips to landscape painting courses.’
- ‘I got a fast lesson in the vagaries of high-country weather.’
- ‘Depending on the weather, high-country trails may not be clear of snow until well into June.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.