One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Far from aligning the artist and his sitter with a realm of esthetic universalism, Western art-historical tradition was seen to divide and hierarchize the world.’
- ‘In contrast to Western literature, American Indian literature does not focus on the resolution of the conflict, nor does it revolve around a central character or hero, which would tend to hierarchize events in the literature.’
- ‘The Border also critiques American law but hierarchizes Mexico by advocating emigration to Mexico and espousing a covert rhetoric of Mexican nationalism.’
- ‘These researchers become comfortable with getting their news from a broader range of sources, while at the same time searching for new ways to hierarchise those sources, to establish some as more legitimate than others.’
- ‘Our feminism recognizes the interconnectedness among race, class, gender, and sexuality and refuses to hierarchize oppression or to fragment identities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.