One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Curled up, as if in repose, the stuffed tiger was probably 6 foot long, end to end, not including the tail. It was a thing of unparalleled hideousness.’
- ‘The hideousness of that thing will haunt my dreams for the rest of my life.’
- ‘I've been to some grim places in my time, but nothing prepared me for the sheer hideousness of Bristol in the rain.’
- ‘He felt the cool air upon his face and stepped back swiftly into the darker shadows by the wall, almost pushing the young girl away from him in his effort to hide his hideousness.’
- ‘Toronto looks its best when seen from a ferry in the lake from where you can admire the CN Tower and surrounding buildings, avoiding the hideousness both to the right and left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.