One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A children's game in which one or more players hide and the other or others have to look for them.
- ‘In the summer there were barbecues and endless games of hide-and-seek and stickball.’
- ‘Find fun activities the entire family can enjoy, like football in the snow, ice skating, skiing, hide-and-seek or a pillow fight.’
- ‘On a beautiful summer evening the family took a sunset walk to the beach before the children went off to play a last game of hide-and-seek in a cornfield nearby.’
- ‘Children enjoy playing games such as hopscotch and hide-and-seek.’
- ‘I remember it as a house for Christmases, but it was also fantastic for playing hide-and-seek, because you could climb up metal rungs into the chimney and nobody would ever find you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.