One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A children's game in which one or more players hide and the other or others have to look for them.
- ‘In the summer there were barbecues and endless games of hide-and-seek and stickball.’
- ‘On a beautiful summer evening the family took a sunset walk to the beach before the children went off to play a last game of hide-and-seek in a cornfield nearby.’
- ‘Children enjoy playing games such as hopscotch and hide-and-seek.’
- ‘I remember it as a house for Christmases, but it was also fantastic for playing hide-and-seek, because you could climb up metal rungs into the chimney and nobody would ever find you.’
- ‘Find fun activities the entire family can enjoy, like football in the snow, ice skating, skiing, hide-and-seek or a pillow fight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.