One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The protrusion of an organ, typically the stomach, through the esophageal opening in the diaphragm.
- ‘The only problem with highly concentrated tomato products is that they may aggravate acid-related conditions like indigestion, hiatus hernia and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘This is called a hiatus hernia, and it causes pain and heartburn.’
- ‘High fibre foods minimize the risk of constipation, colon and rectal cancer, hiatus hernia, heart disease and obesity.’
- ‘She underwent surgery to correct a serious hiatus hernia which doctors afterward told her was life-threatening.’
- ‘Most of the time, reflux is associated with hiatus hernia or prolapse of stomach into the food pipe, which is quite troublesome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.