One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting an alkyl radical —Co₆H₁₃, derived from hexane.
- ‘Iontophoresis of the methyl, ethyl, butyl and hexyl esters of ALA induced significantly enhanced delivery compared with that of ALA itself.’
- ‘However, during a 24 h topical application of ALA methyl, ethyl, propyl or hexyl ester, no PpIX fluorescence above autofluorescence level was measured in skin outside the application area or in other organs.’
- ‘Previous studies have shown that ALA hexyl ester is more successful than ALA for photodetection of early malignant lesions in the bladder.’
- ‘The activity of three formulations of MCPA, the acid form, the dimethylamine salt and the 2-ethyl hexyl ester have been investigated in several studies described herein.’
- ‘Iontophoresis of methyl-ALA and hexyl - ALA also increased the amount of prodrug delivered into the skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.