One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a valence of six.
- ‘More than 95 percent of leather produced in the U.S. is tanned using trivalent and/or hexavalent chromium, the latter of which is an EPA-recognized carcinogen.’
- ‘There is a growing acceptance that industry will adopt trivalent chromium as an intermediate solution to the replacement of hexavalent chromium.’
- ‘Chromium occurs in both trivalent and hexavalent (Cr VI) forms.’
- ‘The chemicals which must be replaced by 2007 include lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium and some flame retardants.’
- ‘Zinc-based materials and polymers are replacing hexavalent chromium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.