1Having parts arranged in groups of six.
- ‘They have internal separations of body parts arranged in hexamerous cycles and usually with two ciliated oral cavities (siphonoglyphs).’
- ‘Flowers are hexamerous, tubular, whitish and odoriferous, pollinated by relatively specialized vectors as large bees and hawkmoths.’
- ‘The terminal and erect cymose inflorescence bears actinomorphic, hexamerous, dish-shaped flowers.’
- ‘The whole perianth was colored, the anther dehiscence was extrorse, the stigma was subulate, and the perianth was hexamerous.’
- ‘The chief points in the diagnosis of the species are the muscular body-wall, the ectodermal invaginations and pits in the wall, and the regular hexamerous development of the mesenteries.’
- ‘Although hexamerous lineages were not bred successfully, lineages were raised with rates of variation higher than normal.’
- ‘The tentacles are arranged in concentric rings of 6, then 6, then 12, then 24 tentacles and so on (hexamerous).’
- 1.1Consisting of six joints or parts.