One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or using a system of numerical notation that has 16 rather than 10 as its base.
- ‘Customers of legal age sign up for a user account, for which they are assigned a unique, 5-digit, hexadecimal PIN.’
- ‘HTML has been set up to use this feature, allowing 2 hexadecimal digits per primary colour.’
- ‘Another common way of writing bit-strings is to use the hexadecimal notation.’
- ‘A setup wizard to explain the steps and end the need for obscurities such as hexadecimal codes would go a long way toward making a great technology accessible.’
- ‘All you have to do is click on the color you want and the hexadecimal code is displayed for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.