One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or using a system of numerical notation that has 16 rather than 10 as its base.
- ‘All you have to do is click on the color you want and the hexadecimal code is displayed for you.’
- ‘Customers of legal age sign up for a user account, for which they are assigned a unique, 5-digit, hexadecimal PIN.’
- ‘HTML has been set up to use this feature, allowing 2 hexadecimal digits per primary colour.’
- ‘Another common way of writing bit-strings is to use the hexadecimal notation.’
- ‘A setup wizard to explain the steps and end the need for obscurities such as hexadecimal codes would go a long way toward making a great technology accessible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.