One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dissolution of cells by lysins or enzymes from different species.
The breakdown of a compound into oppositely charged ions.
- ‘The energy required to break a given bond of some specific compound by heterolysis.’
- ‘By mutations that place the histidine in a similar distance to the heme as in the active site of peroxidases, compound I of myoglobin has been observed, probably owing to an increased rate of heterolysis.’
- ‘This showed the reaction to proceed via the formation of a ring-closed carbonium ion-intermediate at C1, and the rate-determining step to be the subsequent heterolysis of the C1 - O bond.’
- ‘However, heterolysis is the main process for generating the isolated phenoxy radicals.’
- ‘The conclusion was that homolysis and heterolysis did not take place; furthermore the paper summarized the chemistry of peroxynitrite known at that time.’
- ‘In accordance with this embodiment, the dye cation formed from heterolysis of the leuconitrile color former is bleachable at high doses of actinic radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.