One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dissolution of cells by lysins or enzymes from different species.
The breakdown of a compound into oppositely charged ions.
- ‘In accordance with this embodiment, the dye cation formed from heterolysis of the leuconitrile color former is bleachable at high doses of actinic radiation.’
- ‘However, heterolysis is the main process for generating the isolated phenoxy radicals.’
- ‘By mutations that place the histidine in a similar distance to the heme as in the active site of peroxidases, compound I of myoglobin has been observed, probably owing to an increased rate of heterolysis.’
- ‘The conclusion was that homolysis and heterolysis did not take place; furthermore the paper summarized the chemistry of peroxynitrite known at that time.’
- ‘This showed the reaction to proceed via the formation of a ring-closed carbonium ion-intermediate at C1, and the rate-determining step to be the subsequent heterolysis of the C1 - O bond.’
- ‘The energy required to break a given bond of some specific compound by heterolysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.