One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another explanation of recombination rate variation along Allium chromosomes may be the presence of sequence heterologies in the distal parts of A. roylei and A. fistulosum chromosomes.’
- ‘In several studies, mismatches resulting in as little as 1% heterology were sufficient to significantly reduce mitotic recombination.’
- ‘A single nucleotide heterology was shown to inhibit recombination in bacteria, in yeast, and in mammalian cells.’
- ‘At the MAT locus, parental alleles in diploids differ by a heterology of 700 bp.’
- ‘Further experiments were conducted to determine whether the heterology created by the pSV2neo vector backbone in pC M1-6 C reduced the frequency of gene targeting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.