One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The heterologous probes were hybridized and washed at 65° at a low stringency.’
- ‘The second component is composed of spindle cell proliferation with accentuation in a periglandular cuff pattern and may contain homologous or heterologous elements.’
- ‘A cDNA library of mRNA isolated from asparagus spears 24 h post-harvest was screened for peroxidases using homologous and heterologous probes.’
- ‘For instance, the apparent lack of sensitivity of GLRs to amino acids could reflect the orientation of the proteins within the heterologous host membrane, rather than insensitivity to ligands.’
- ‘Similar levels of T cell proliferation were observed on stimulation with either homologous or heterologous peptides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.