Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Originating outside the organism.‘present in the urine are heterogenous proteins’
- ‘Abdominal and pelvic computed tomographic scans and ultrasonography showed an intraluminal polypoid mass with heterogenous enhancement in the gallbladder.’
- ‘Ultrasound examination revealed a predominantly hypoechoic and heterogenous mass that almost replaced the entire right testicle.’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan showed a heterogenous tumor with central hyperdensity and patchy calcification.’
- ‘The compartmented genetic system of the plant cell is of heterogenous phylogenetic origin.’
- ‘As a component of her postoperative evaluation for metastatic disease, a computed tomographic scan of the pelvis revealed a 6-cm, heterogenous, solid to cystic, left adnexal mass.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.