Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Originating outside the organism.‘present in the urine are heterogenous proteins’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan showed a heterogenous tumor with central hyperdensity and patchy calcification.’
- ‘Ultrasound examination revealed a predominantly hypoechoic and heterogenous mass that almost replaced the entire right testicle.’
- ‘Abdominal and pelvic computed tomographic scans and ultrasonography showed an intraluminal polypoid mass with heterogenous enhancement in the gallbladder.’
- ‘As a component of her postoperative evaluation for metastatic disease, a computed tomographic scan of the pelvis revealed a 6-cm, heterogenous, solid to cystic, left adnexal mass.’
- ‘The compartmented genetic system of the plant cell is of heterogenous phylogenetic origin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.