One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The most heterogamous were the sons of skilled workers and unskilled workers.’
- ‘Capitula with all florets of one sexual state, either male, female or hermaphrodite and heterogamous when florets of more than one sexual state are present.’
- ‘The following paper will concentrate on the ways Corinne embodies this new genius, this modern genius that is at once heterogamous, having both male and female traits, and heterogeneous, revealing a combination of oppositional but non-gendered characteristics.’
- ‘Based on the presence or absence of fertile stamens and fertile pistils, the heads can be further classified into heterogamous and homogamous capitula.’
- ‘The practical upshot in your case is that your children will be much more likely to be heterogamous themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.