One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Parasitic on different and often unrelated species of host at different stages of life.Compare with homoecious
- ‘Puccinia gladioli is a heteroecious rust of quarantine significance for the U.S.’
- ‘Control of a heteroecious rust will involve two hosts and their proximity to each other.’
- ‘The other Chrysomyxa needle rusts are heteroecious and require more than one host to complete their life cycles.’
- ‘This allows rapid asexual spread during a single growing season and also enables a heteroecious species to persist on one host, even when its other host is not present.’
- ‘Most heteroecious aphids have just one primary and one secondary host.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.