One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Parasitic on different and often unrelated species of host at different stages of life.Compare with homoecious
- ‘Control of a heteroecious rust will involve two hosts and their proximity to each other.’
- ‘The other Chrysomyxa needle rusts are heteroecious and require more than one host to complete their life cycles.’
- ‘Puccinia gladioli is a heteroecious rust of quarantine significance for the U.S.’
- ‘Most heteroecious aphids have just one primary and one secondary host.’
- ‘This allows rapid asexual spread during a single growing season and also enables a heteroecious species to persist on one host, even when its other host is not present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.