Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Parasitic on different and often unrelated species of host at different stages of life.Compare with homoecious
- ‘Most heteroecious aphids have just one primary and one secondary host.’
- ‘This allows rapid asexual spread during a single growing season and also enables a heteroecious species to persist on one host, even when its other host is not present.’
- ‘Control of a heteroecious rust will involve two hosts and their proximity to each other.’
- ‘The other Chrysomyxa needle rusts are heteroecious and require more than one host to complete their life cycles.’
- ‘Puccinia gladioli is a heteroecious rust of quarantine significance for the U.S.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.