Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Parasitic on different and often unrelated species of host at different stages of life.Compare with homoecious
- ‘Control of a heteroecious rust will involve two hosts and their proximity to each other.’
- ‘This allows rapid asexual spread during a single growing season and also enables a heteroecious species to persist on one host, even when its other host is not present.’
- ‘Most heteroecious aphids have just one primary and one secondary host.’
- ‘Puccinia gladioli is a heteroecious rust of quarantine significance for the U.S.’
- ‘The other Chrysomyxa needle rusts are heteroecious and require more than one host to complete their life cycles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.