1Of several different colors or (in physics) wavelengths.
Relating to heterochromatin.
- ‘This phenomenon is discussed in light of a possible role of heterochromatic proteins in the process of heterochromatin underrepresentation in polytene chromosomes.’
- ‘In wild-type chromosomes, these proteins are confined to the heterochromatic DNA sequences either by terminator sequences or by proximally directed initiators.’
- ‘Recent findings described association processes after 4 - Gy irradiation during the first hour of repair for heterochromatic regions, but not euchromatic regions.’
- ‘Although the repetitive nature of heterochromatic DNA has hampered its sequencing and annotation, a number of recent studies have made significant advances to rectifying this situation.’
- ‘The female-specific avian W chromosome shares several characteristics with the mammalian Y chromosome; it is small, gene-poor, and rich in repetitive heterochromatic DNA.’