One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An atom in the ring of a cyclic compound other than a carbon atom.
- ‘The heteroatoms, including the retinal, were removed.’
- ‘It has abundant carbon-containing molecules and heteroatoms.’
- ‘With only one heteroatom participating in resonance stabilization, the effect of the photolysis of the triarylmethanol on the binding constant will be maximal.’
- ‘Another common reaction, useful in the formation of ring systems containing a heteroatom such as nitrogen, is the hetero-Diels-Alder reaction.’
- ‘The low order connectivity indices relate to fundamental parameters such as molecular surface area, molecular weight and the presence of heteroatoms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.