One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An atom in the ring of a cyclic compound other than a carbon atom.
- ‘With only one heteroatom participating in resonance stabilization, the effect of the photolysis of the triarylmethanol on the binding constant will be maximal.’
- ‘The heteroatoms, including the retinal, were removed.’
- ‘It has abundant carbon-containing molecules and heteroatoms.’
- ‘The low order connectivity indices relate to fundamental parameters such as molecular surface area, molecular weight and the presence of heteroatoms.’
- ‘Another common reaction, useful in the formation of ring systems containing a heteroatom such as nitrogen, is the hetero-Diels-Alder reaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.