Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An atom in the ring of a cyclic compound other than a carbon atom.
- ‘It has abundant carbon-containing molecules and heteroatoms.’
- ‘The low order connectivity indices relate to fundamental parameters such as molecular surface area, molecular weight and the presence of heteroatoms.’
- ‘Another common reaction, useful in the formation of ring systems containing a heteroatom such as nitrogen, is the hetero-Diels-Alder reaction.’
- ‘The heteroatoms, including the retinal, were removed.’
- ‘With only one heteroatom participating in resonance stabilization, the effect of the photolysis of the triarylmethanol on the binding constant will be maximal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.