One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for radio wave
- ‘In Farrow's explanation, he said that the dynamo acted to ‘intensify the vertical component’ of the Hertzian waves which it generated.’
- ‘The young man's imagination was stirred by the account given of Hertz's work, and the idea occurred to him that Hertzian waves might be used in communication.’
- ‘Marconi had a neighbour, Professor Augusto Righi, who had been experimenting on Hertzian waves and who encouraged him.’
- ‘Gugliemo Marconi filed the first patent for communication using Hertzian waves in 1896.’
- ‘We represent the longitudinal scalar wave as a horizontal vector, and the usual Hertzian wave as a vertical or ‘transverse’ vector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.