One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for radio wave
- ‘The young man's imagination was stirred by the account given of Hertz's work, and the idea occurred to him that Hertzian waves might be used in communication.’
- ‘We represent the longitudinal scalar wave as a horizontal vector, and the usual Hertzian wave as a vertical or ‘transverse’ vector.’
- ‘Gugliemo Marconi filed the first patent for communication using Hertzian waves in 1896.’
- ‘Marconi had a neighbour, Professor Augusto Righi, who had been experimenting on Hertzian waves and who encouraged him.’
- ‘In Farrow's explanation, he said that the dynamo acted to ‘intensify the vertical component’ of the Hertzian waves which it generated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.