One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gull with gray black-tipped wings, abundant and widespread in both Eurasia and North America.
- ‘London postmen refused to deliver mail to a usually quiet street following attacks by what one resident described as a ‘slightly psycho herring gull.’’
- ‘J. A. Allen dispelled the notion that two species of Herring Gull exist, the American and the European herring gull.’
- ‘As soon as de Rosarieux's line hits the water, a mottled herring gull lands on the prow, inches away, waiting for the first fish.’
- ‘Black-headed gull and herring gull belong to the same family and are obviously more closely related than the other two species pairs.’
- ‘I remember climbing over shipwrecks, bending close to inspect a motionless herring gull, then the long hike away from him, headed north, up the endless beach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.