One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reptile or amphibian.
- ‘Seventy-two herptile species inhabit the state, 17 of which are listed as Endangered or Threatened.’
- ‘Provide information and technical assistance to members in the area of herptile species management.’
- ‘I must confess to a lifelong fascination with ‘herptiles,’ snakes especially.’
- ‘Students will locate herptiles by sight or sound, analyze their characteristics, and classify them.’
- ‘Proper heat can also determine if your herptile will eat and if they will digest the foods they eat.’
- ‘While captive herptiles are not preyed upon, their natural instinct is to hide when they feel threatened.’
- ‘Advantages and disadvantages of use of herptiles as indicators are shown in Appendix A.’
- ‘Because of modern equipment we are able to mimic the natural environment of herptiles quite accurately.’
- ‘Loeffler cautions that taking a native herptile from the wild as a pet is a serious enterprise.’
- ‘After a thorough exam, the herptile abdomen is opened for inspection of the internal organs.’
- ‘The first phase of the project involves a survey to determine what alien herptile species are currently present in South Africa.’
- ‘For the state of South Dakota, the only historical data on herptile occurrence were compiled by Over.’
Blend of herpetology and reptile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.