One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reptile or amphibian.
- ‘While captive herptiles are not preyed upon, their natural instinct is to hide when they feel threatened.’
- ‘The first phase of the project involves a survey to determine what alien herptile species are currently present in South Africa.’
- ‘For the state of South Dakota, the only historical data on herptile occurrence were compiled by Over.’
- ‘Students will locate herptiles by sight or sound, analyze their characteristics, and classify them.’
- ‘Loeffler cautions that taking a native herptile from the wild as a pet is a serious enterprise.’
- ‘I must confess to a lifelong fascination with ‘herptiles,’ snakes especially.’
- ‘Proper heat can also determine if your herptile will eat and if they will digest the foods they eat.’
- ‘Seventy-two herptile species inhabit the state, 17 of which are listed as Endangered or Threatened.’
- ‘Because of modern equipment we are able to mimic the natural environment of herptiles quite accurately.’
- ‘After a thorough exam, the herptile abdomen is opened for inspection of the internal organs.’
- ‘Advantages and disadvantages of use of herptiles as indicators are shown in Appendix A.’
- ‘Provide information and technical assistance to members in the area of herptile species management.’
Blend of herpetology and reptile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.