One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of DNA viruses causing herpes and other diseases.
- ‘Previous studies have demonstrated that coinfection with herpesviruses can modulate HIV - 1 replication.’
- ‘Epstein-Barr virus is one of 8 known human herpesviruses.’
- ‘All tissues were examined for the presence of viral inclusions characteristic of cytomegalovirus and herpesvirus.’
- ‘Although many people associate the word herpes with genital herpes, the herpesvirus family is made up of nearly 100 kinds of viruses, eight of which cause disease in humans.’
- ‘The mechanism of transmitting human herpesvirus 8, the herpesvirus associated with Kaposi's sarcoma, is not known.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.