Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A viral infection, caused by a group of herpes viruses, that may produce cold sores, genital inflammation, or conjunctivitis.
- ‘Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain, usually caused by a viral infection like measles, mumps, chicken pox, influenza or herpes simplex, the cold sore virus.’
- ‘In addition to the usual common cold viruses, chlamydial pneumonia and herpes simplex virus infections may play a role in exacerbations of bronchospasm in patients with and without asthma.’
- ‘The most common causes of viral meningitis are enteroviruses, herpes simplex virus, and HIV.’
- ‘A less common but more serious viral conjunctivitis is herpes simplex infection.’
- ‘They think that it might be possible to use a version of the cold sore virus herpes simplex to treat a particularly nasty form of brain cancer called glioma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.