One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Prior to this Claudius Amyand, physician to Queen Anne, in 1736 successfully removed an acutely inflamed appendix from inside the hernial sac of a young boy.’
- ‘Laparoscopy enables hernial orifices to be observed and tension-free mesh repair to be carried out effectively.’
- ‘The hernial sac may additionally provide a sump of gastric contents available for reflux once the lower oesophageal sphincter relaxes.’
- ‘It was simple: did the girl specifically state that this doctor had two hernia scars, or did she just mention ‘scars’ - among other possibilities - and did the doctor then specify that he had scars that were hernial in nature?’
- ‘In his study of hernias, an area of prodigious research and invention during surgery's transitional period, Arnaud devotes several paragraphs to imagining the hernial sac as it penetrates the peritoneal membrane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.