One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
After or as a result of this.
- ‘Presently hereupon Huntly returned into the North, and left Captain John Gordon at Inverkeithing until he recovered of his wound.’
- ‘I'm hereupon to be known as the only player dealt at the 2000 NBA trading deadline.’
- ‘The Wanderers of other sects hereupon reverently saluted the Lord from afar, and went off on their way.’
- ‘And hereupon she began to guess, mentioning many names of young men in the village, and asked whether he was that one or that one.’
- ‘Hooker confessed, ‘For my owne part I dare not hereupon deny the possibility of their salvation… ’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.