One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of feeding on plants.‘pandas' shift to herbivory makes them particularly sensitive to this habitat loss’
- ‘The outcome of herbivory on plant community structure and composition is dependent on herbivore selectivity and species tolerance.’
- ‘Any change in a plant that occurs following herbivory is an ‘induced response’.’
- ‘Atsatt and O'Dowd argued that the susceptibility of a plant to herbivory is affected by the identity and proximity of its neighbors.’
- ‘Also, plant herbivory is an unlikely explanation for the decline in inflorescence number because plants were caged during this study.’
- ‘I have characterized induced resistance of cucumber plants to spider mite herbivory in detail elsewhere.’
1960s: from herbivore + -y.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.