One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that is toxic to plants, used to destroy unwanted vegetation.
- ‘Many soybean herbicides utilized for broadleaf control are cell membrane disrupters.’
- ‘In my opinion the application of fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides makes for better quality food.’
- ‘Although Alberta farmers use more pesticides and herbicides than city folks, they do so over a much larger area.’
- ‘Preplant incorporated herbicides are incorporated into the soil prior to planting.’
- ‘The environment-friendly farming avoids use of artificial pesticides and herbicides.’
- ‘Popular herbicides like atrazine and alachlor just didn't show up at the levels expected.’
- ‘Tillage can incorporate pre-emergence herbicides reducing the need for moisture.’
- ‘If there is anything we can do that will reduce the use of pesticides or herbicides, it will be good for agriculture.’
- ‘Apply herbicides when plants are in the rosette stage and prior to bolting.’
- ‘The non-atrazine herbicides were at least as effective as the atrazine herbicides.’
- ‘So the herbicides had to go - and winter annual cover crops can be killed mechanically.’
- ‘If it is not possible to dig or pull plants, use herbicides labeled for target plants that will not harm algae.’
- ‘Spring is the most effective time to use herbicides instead of tillage to control weeds.’
- ‘Do not count on postemergence herbicides to control weeds that have already emerged at planting.’
- ‘Victory would be secured with pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides.’
- ‘Growers should read and understand the labels on herbicides and other pesticides they use.’
- ‘In general, herbicides and fungicides are less toxic than many of the other types of pesticides.’
- ‘Atrazine is an herbicide widely used to control weeds in Midwest corn and soybean fields.’
- ‘It remains one of the most effective and safest broadleaf herbicides available.’
- ‘Today billions of dollars are spent in pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.