One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The two primary ruling families of sixteenth-century Europe, the Hapsburgs and the Valois, are represented heraldically above the doors aligned along the villa's central front-to-back longitudinal axis.’
- ‘One stamp contains an image of a lion fish, heraldically striped.’
- ‘The entrance is heraldically framed by the stubby rounded shapes of the vomitoria, clad in dark blue metal over red brick plinths.’
- ‘The lion is a canting emblem for Leo X, though here, facing to sinister, it is heraldically incorrect.’
- ‘The bed itself was devoid of such imagery, and the princely coronet on the headboard was heraldically appropriate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.