Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a valence of seven.
- ‘There is no evidence before me of the solubility either of divalent or of heptavalent manganese.’
- ‘Administration of trivalent licensed antitoxin or heptavalent botulinum may prevent or decrease a patient's progression to respiratory failure and hasten recovery.’
- ‘The new heptavalent conjugated pneumococcal vaccine should be given from two months of age.’
- ‘Eskola and colleagues reported the results of a large, randomized, double-blind trial in Finland to test the ability of a heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine to prevent acute otitis media.’
- ‘The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently approved the labeling of a new conjugate heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine for use in infants and children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.