One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Damaging or destructive to liver cells.
- ‘Thus, clinicians may consider regimens with fewer potentially hepatotoxic agents in patients with advanced or unstable liver disease, and expert consultation is advisable in treating such patients.’
- ‘Patients two to 21 years of age with acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are receiving hepatotoxic chemotherapy are being recruited for a second phase randomized pilot trial of silymarin.’
- ‘When he discovered, in 1954, that dimethylnitrosamine was hepatotoxic he noticed that the poisoned livers contained enlarged cells similar to those seen in veno-occlusive disease.’
- ‘However, in such patients hepatotoxic reactions to antituberculosis therapy may be more common and should therefore be anticipated.’
- ‘Many herbal remedies are potentially hepatotoxic, and only milk thistle can be used safely in patients who have chronic liver disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.